The procedure for proposing a prospective member in the CCA/SAF remains unchanged and goes through the following steps;
- 1. The proposer acquires a sailing resume from the candidate.
- 2. The resume is discussed with the Chairman of the SAF membership Committee and approved according to its compliance with the club rules.
- 3. The resume is sent by e-mail to all SAF station members.
- 4. After a period of 10 days in the absence of a negative response the candidate meets with the SAF membership committee.
- 5. Upon approval, the proposer proceeds with the completion of the required documentation.
- 6. The documents are sent to the chair of the SAF membership committee.
- 7. The documentation is completed and is sent in PDF format to the Club Membership Committee.